Sunday, 12 September 2010

Hi All

Just an update on what has transpired since our meetings in the mill with Kevin Clarke early last week. Following similar meetings in all the Catalyst mills the Presidents, some of their Wage Delegates, Dave Schaub and Don Boucher had a conference call to discuss our plan moving forward. After lengthy discussion all the other locals agreed to go to their memberships and allow them to vote on whether or not they want their Wage Delegates to negotiate a new Collective Agreement. They also agreed with our position that all the locals conduct these votes on the same day. Due to the other locals needing time to post notices and the National Convention later this week, the date that was chosen is September 30.

So we will be postponing our vote that was scheduled for tomorrow, Monday September 13th and will be voting along with the other locals on the 30th.

Due to this extremely short notice we will still conduct the 2 pm meeting for any of our members that wish to attend. We will have a brief discussion and answer questions but no vote will be held. At 7 pm we will have a brief discussion and then begin our General Meeting .

Thank You


  1. Why vote you have an agreement until 2012

  2. What happened with the Vote?